Therapist - Behavioral Health
- Monday - Friday, with some flexibility and some evening hours depending on needs
- Secure Haven Care is a premier provider of care and services to adults with developmental disabilities.
Therapists conduct regular sessions with their clients to help them to overcome mental health problems such as negative thoughts or behavior patterns. They also work with them to address sources of stress and anxiety and develop coping strategies to help clients improve their personal and professional relationships. Therapists can specialize in certain types of clients such as children, families, individuals with eating disorders or other specific issues. Some Therapists specialize in specific problems such as substance abuse, managing chronic pain or coping with trauma.
- Degree in psychology, social work, counseling, or related field
- Current with all state licensing requirements – LSW, LPC, LPCC, LISW, and/or LMFT
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Proven evaluation and organizational skills
- Strong written/oral communication and public speaking skills
- Ability to communicate with compassion and empathy
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to relate well with persons from multi-cultural and diverse socioeconomic backgrounds; ability to build rapport quickly
- Proficiency in computer skills, such as working with EMR systems, productivity software, and customized databases
- Meet and maintain all State of Ohio background investigation requirements
- Must have reliable transportation, valid Ohio driver’s License with a clean driving record, and proof of insurance
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Establishes positive, trusting rapport with patients
- Diagnoses and treats mental health disorders
- Creates individualized treatment plans according to patient needs and circumstances
- Meets with patients regularly to provide counseling, treatment and adjust treatment plans as necessary
- Conducts ongoing assessments of patient progress
- Involves and advises family members and guardians or other community supports when appropriate
- Refers patients to outside specialists or agencies when necessary
- Maintains thorough records of patient meetings and progress
- Facilitates group therapies
- Follows all safety protocols and maintains client confidentiality
- Contributes to practice by accomplishing related tasks as needed
- Engage in ongoing training in clinically relevant topics
- Understand and follow all policies and procedures of Secure Haven Behavioral Health
- Maintain good working relationships with all Secure Haven staff and volunteers
- Carry out other duties as assigned
- Expertise with individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- This Position will report to Clinical Director.
SHC provides equal opportunities, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, orfuture, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or locallaw.
Secure Haven Behavioral Health hires and promotes employees regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin or ancestry, age, gender, sexual identity or orientation, marital status, medical condition or physical handicap or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Secure Haven Behavioral Health is an equal opportunity employer. Secure Haven Behavioral Health strives to be culturally competent, responding respectfully and effectively to people of all cultures, classes, races, ethnic backgrounds and religions in a manner that recognizes, affirms and values the cultural differences and similarities and the worth of individuals, families, and communities and protects and preserves the dignity of each person.