Direct Service Provider
- 40 hours or more, Monday - Friday, with some flexibility, with some evening and weekend hours required, as needed
- Secure Haven Care is a premier provider of care and services to adults with developmental disabilities.
A Direct Support Provider works directly and closely with our consumers (developmentally disabled adults). You will assist them with daily activities,be responsible for dispensing medications, provide transportation, and generally oversee other individualized needs. On occasion, you may be required to deal with behavioral issues which we will train you to recognize and how to respond. Secure Haven Care is dedicated to promoting an individual's independence within his/her home and community by helping meet daily living needs.
These Services include:
- Self-advocacy training to assist in the expression of personal preferences and asserting individual rights.
- Demonstrating self-direction to initiate daily living decision making and supports to help access and participate in community activities
- Strengthening daily living skills thatinclude but are not limited to, routine household tasks, meal preparation,personal care, self-administration of medication, assistance with personalfinances and other areas of day-to-day living
- Training and assistance in behavioral support strategies that facilitate appropriate expressions of emotions or desires
- Provide medical and health care services that are necessary to meet the daily needs of an individual
- Emergency response planning and training to access help in emergency situations
- High School Degree.
- Caring and patient personality
- Enjoys helping others
- Works independently
- Respectful of co-workers and the individuals being served
- Need to have or willing to obtain CPR/First Aid Certification
- Need to have or willing to obtain Medication Administration Certification
- Have a reliable vehicle
- Valid Driver's license with less than 6 points
- Evidence of current auto insurance
- Expertise with individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- This Position will report to the House Manager. This position is an hourly non exempt position. Payroll is calculated and paid on a biweekly basis. Mileage for transporting a client, not commuting to the work site, is reimbursed at a rate of .30/per mile and must be entered into Eweb to be reimbursed. Employees in this position are required to complete orientation training, keep current on their medication certification licensures, and complete all required documentation as outlined in the employee handbook.
SHC provides equal opportunities, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity,gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin,ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, orfuture, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or locallaw.
Secure Haven Behavioral Health hires and promotes employees regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin or ancestry, age, gender, sexual identity or orientation, marital status, medical condition or physical handicap or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Secure Haven Behavioral Health is an equal opportunity employer. Secure Haven Behavioral Health strives to be culturally competent, responding respectfully and effectively to people of all cultures, classes, races, ethnic backgrounds and religions in a manner that recognizes, affirms and values the cultural differences and similarities and the worth of individuals, families, and communities and protects and preserves the dignity of each person.